The Family Service Center’s mission is to assist individuals and families in achieving improved well-being and to be a leading resource for providing education, consultation and psychotherapy to those who live, work or attend school in Glenview, Kenilworth, Northbrook and Wilmette. See our locations.
How we help individuals and families
- We offer couples counseling, helping maintain strong families.
- We provide counseling to families experiencing divorce, allowing children to have the best possible opportunity to move forward to live healthy lives.
- We help families find an appropriate balance around issues of stress in the lives of children including schoolwork and social issues.
- We offer therapy on a sliding fee scale, allowing us to serve people who would otherwise be unable to afford services.
- We provide therapy for more than 900 individuals and families per year.
How we help the community
- We offer educational presentations at local schools on subjects such as bullying, divorce, depression, and stress.
- Employers call on us to help employees deal with the unexpected death of a colleague.
- Local schools request us to provide grief counseling to students and faculty immediately following incidents like suicides or fatalities in their school community.
- Our experienced therapists offer presentations on family issues including: talking with your teenager, dealing with family life after retirement, coping with grief.
- Our therapists are members of the local Community Crisis Response Teams assembled by New Trier and Northfield Townships.